So, as instructed for my British Experience class, I needed to interview some people about the family situation here in the UK.
As Matt and I were walking through St. James Park looking for our 'victims'.
I found a small family in the child's playground area of the park. So, I stopped and asked them for their opinions.
I asked them about their children's schooling.They told me that their children, being 5 and 7, are both in school.
I informed them about No Child Left Behind and then asked if they had anything like that here in the UK. They replied saying that they have a program known as Every Child Matters. Instead of the school losing funding due to low test scores, the school receives additional funding in order to correct the problem of low test scores. It also focuses more on the individual student rather than the class.
We then went on to talk about the schooling systems and how their children ask about the family system and what not...
No comments:
Post a Comment