4.30.2011

Royal Wedding.

So, I got the fever....and camped out.

It was an amazing atmosphere. Honestly, I had no intention of caring about it. I basically got convinced to do it when I took fresh baked sugar cookies. Just walking to the group...the atmosphere was vibrant and loving.

So...I got supplies....games, pillows and blanket and marked my spot within the group. I held a sign for a bit....news crews loved it. I was interviewed and photographed for numerous things...because of the sign...and I'm from Iowa. They all started off with the same question...Did you come all the way here just for the Wedding?

haha. no...kinda...maybe....

so...basically...we waited out...and William and Harry did a random 'meet the crowd' thing. So beautiful. I got close enough to get really closeup pics w/o zoom :)

I also have a video of Harry. Damn, his voice is sexy.

So, we made friends with people around us. I couldn't sleep because I was on guard duty. Our program director Mark even came around...wearing this beautiful sequin Union Jack vest. I want an American one.

People partied in the streets. So much alcohol was consumed by the mass amount of people camping out.

So, morning hit. It was cold...and a little windy. But, the spirits were high for the wedding. Police and Royal Guards started appearing :) The Police had sacklunches. I only assume that the Queen was up all night making the lunches for them, putting all of her love into it. I also assume that Phillip put flasks of whiskey into each one...its only fair.

The Wedding procession started....Harry and William left....Then a bunch of people...then Camilla/Prince Phillip, the Queen and Prince Phillip and FINALLY Kate...in the most gorgeous gown....from ALEXANDER   MCQUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The procession to Buckingham Palace was even better because they ditched the cars and brought out carriages.








The Queen and Kate looked stunning. Also, the Queen has SOOOOOO many horses. I love her so much.


Honestly, before this trip. I was against the Monarchy and thought the Wedding was an overrated affair. After seeing the procession, I've changed my views. The sheer excitement and the affection shown towards one family is breathtaking. This event has totally brought the Monarchy back into the hearts of the world.

I certainly had one of the best nights/days of my life. So much screaming and picturetaking. J'adore. Also....Germans will invade your space and attempt to take over...guess things never change. (Long story...but some German lady tried to push her way into our/neighboring group...I almost watched her get taken down by a lady neighbor. It would have been fun to watch.

p.s. Camilla wore white. Everyone knows that NO ONE wears white to a wedding. How rude. Camilla....learn some wedding manners. please?

p.p.s. Your Majesty, if you're reading this, will you be my Grandma? I would make you so many macaroni art projects and color you so many pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment