3.07.2011

Schießen, We're At A Hipster Church.

For my Religionsey class, we took a field trip today.

We went to this church called "Church on the Corner" or "COTC" for short.

I was initially surprised when we had gotten there. The congregation was casually dressed and very informal. Also, there was one person who looked over the age of 35 there. I then realized....we were ironically in a hipster church. I'm in love.

The sermon was very informal, yet structured. It also was a very loose Christian one.

I was instantly transported back to my youth. I had grew up in a church EXACTLY like this. Everyone came dressed in casual clothing...and just worshiped God...nothing fancy about it. I felt at home while being there.

I then began to think during Communion about what I have given up in the past to be where I am today. I have cut off all but minimal ties with my biological father. My relationship with God is very very very thin. I can thank a certain pastor for that. All of the lies I've told, the poisoned I've spewed...

Why is London making me think about myself? I guess it's one of the benefits? Why? Who knows.

I've started missing parts of home...realizing that homesickness happens to everyone.

I miss my family. I miss my friends. I miss my lack of independence. I miss the theatre. I miss Central (never thought I'd say that)....I miss my freedoms that I had in the US when it came of everyday stuff...like food and clothes....GOD I MISS MY WARDROBE.

I'm starting to be disgusted with my clothes that I  have brought here.....I miss my platform boots.

But, I've met new people. People that I have found while on this program. Although Central boosts that you get to interact with people that are native to London....it's primarily false. We do not live on a campus like much of the other Study Abroad students do...which actually makes me sad. Ugh. Central...why must you lie....ugh ugh ugh

Also, I've found a new love for tea and also grilled cheese sandwiches. Thank you Momma for teaching me how to cook.

For more information on "COTC", please visit: http://churchonthecorner.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment