1.25.2011

Day One

So, I begin in London. Jason and I go down to breakfast. I love the yogurt. Not as think as yogurt in America. I also love the Raspberry jam that was served.

We then have to go to orientation....apparently time goes by fast here in the UK...because I did not feel like it was 3 hours...it felt like 30 mins. Mark Simmons (the study abroad head honcho over here) gave us some sweets (candy) that was popular in the UK...it was worth it.

We then broke for lunch. We went to the post office...which was insanely busy and even had tickets that you have to take then wait for it to be called. Never seen that before.Then we went to the Tube so we could put money on our Oyster (Tube) cards.

Then, more orientation. This time it was a tour. I'm not gonna lie. It was pretty awesome. We traveled through some parts of London. We went to the London Bridge, Thames River, the site of the Great Fire of London...and so much more. I started spotting theatres with shows that I want to go see...many of which...will be amazing.

Then we settled back home....for another hour of orientation....then we were done for the day. Sarah, Mary, Jason and I went to a little restaurant that served Fish and Chips. I however do not like fish...so I got a Hamburger and Chips meal. I then learned that Chips (French Fries) are not a finger food...so I used a fork after being slightly embarrassed. We then found a grocery store and I got an Alarm clock...that quickly will be replaced due to its annoying and shitty nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment