5.14.2011

Closing Time

Well....I've officially been in Chicago for around 5 hours now.

i've made too many friends in that amount of time. Also, a lot of people use Union Station to take pics for weddings. I saw an amazing bridal gown. The wearer was fierce.

An (Asian)  kid asked me if I had a home when I was sitting outside McDonalds in the train station...I was moochin' off of their internet.

The bus that I'm on has Internet...and a plug-in. I feel like today has been a day where I begin my crash of getting back in the American habit.

Comparisons:
The Underground drivers do not warn you about the gap :(
People do not know how to board the train.
People running the train assume that you do not know how to use the ticket machines....kinda been doing it for like 4 months....lol
People talk really loud.
My tummy has began its crashcourse to getting used to American food...and preservatives.


woah. my bus has started moving :)

I do already miss London. I cried multiple times...not really about leaving the place...mainly the people. It was truly heartbreaking. I almost balled my eyes out when I hugged Sarah goodbye this morning.


Also, Iberia. You are stupid...but I give you street cred.

So...I read some reviews of my airservice after i had booked it....I'm not gonna really say what I read....you can venture to look it up if you want a good laugh imagining what my reaction would be if it did happen to me.

I got to the airport at 5ish. I look at the screen....MY FLIGHT WAS CANCELLED!!!!!

I panicked. I then calmly went to the Iberia service desk...then got me a nonstop flight to Chicago that departed like 20 minutes after my original flight did. Success for me. I then went through Heathrow. My terminal was pretty snazzy. I got some kind of a bagel that had tomato, cumberland sausage, egg salad and cheese on it. So perfect. I want more!

I slept this time on my flight. The guy next to me was a dick. But I'm over it. I would be too to have his seat...the window seat in front of the restroom.

I watched Glee, 30 Rock and Big Bang Theory on my flight. This flight was pretty cool. I also watched Shrek....which I've been wanting to watch for quite some time. The meals were decent....they included Laughing Cow Cheese. nom nom nom.

I got to use my American cell phone when I got through Customs....who were actually quite rude. I understand the hours are long and stressful...but come on. I was gleeful to be back...don't rain on my parade customs lady. ugh.

well. I feel as if I've become a better person because of this. I feel like I was reborn once I touched ground in Chicago. I feel amazing....and tired...and hungry.

Goodbye blog. I'll miss you....kinda....I kinda forgot of your existence....its because you weren't saved in my tabs...my bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment